It has been ruled by a British judge that the Al Gore film, An Inconvenient Truth, has factual errors and that any students that watch it have to be warned of it’s factual errors. Now this brings up an interesting point, here Mr. Al Gore is receiving a Nobel Prize and yet is filling our children’s minds with lies. Very good.
Now anyone who’s seen the film knows there is substantial amount of pro-Gore information in there, telling of his struggle and rise against all odds, and yadda yadda yadda… So anyways I’m just going to list below the information which was found to be not true:
- Hurricane Katrina could not be linked to global warming, was found by judge to be “erroneous”
- The Antarctic ice core data presented in the film “do not establish what Mr. Gore asserts”
- There was a lack of scientific evidence to prove that the drying of Lake Chad was related to global warming
- The reason why the Polar Bears were drowning was due to a particularly violent storm, not because of increased distances that they had to swim.
- The judge ruled that it was an impossibility that global warming could shut down the Gulf Stream and set Europe into an ice age.
- Al Gore tries to link global warming to several other events such as coral bleaching, sea level rise and more; however these events are not linked to global warming and should not be treated as such.
- He states that there is a cure for polio, there is no cure for polio, only a vaccine
- He states that 2005 was the hottest year on record in the US, however NASA has confirmed that the hottest year on record was in fact 1934 and that 2005 is not even in the top ten.
There are even a few more factual errors that I didn’t mention, however you can read the judges report, which is far more in depth than I am.
I found a site that has a PDF of all the factual errors and inconsistensies with An Inconvenient Truth. It is in depth, and has a lot more than I mentioned here, please read it if you would like to know more.
No comments yet.