Archive for March, 2009
This is one of them many types of email scams. I thought it necessary to post this as I couldn’t find it on google and in case people are trying to find it, there is a record of it, have no doubt in your mind this is a scam.
I was at home when I received a message on Skype. I get lots of random people adding me, I block almost all of them. I don’t like unsolicited messages, emails, or anything like that. This style of scam has been going on for years, do not fall for it. There is no money. If they send you money it will bounce when you transfer it, leaving you out of pocket. Do not think this one may be real. It is not, they are all lies. This may also be disguised as a business venture being able to benefit you, or someone who cannot claim their lottery prize as it needs to be deposited in an offshore account. All and any derivative of the above is a scam. I just want you to all be aware.
Here is a copy of the message I received:
Hello My Dear.May God bless you.
I am (Removed as is a real person), (Removed as is a real position of this person), I know it is strange contacting you in the first place since we don’t know each other before, but please do not be offended for the strange contact, I also believe that the net has made it easier for people in distance places to come together through electronic communication. am about to tell you something very important and I Will like you to treat it very serious, it was because of what I am about to tell you that made me to contact you, now read attentively as I comprehensively explained.
There was a man in my ministry by name Late Mr Charles Catim and the wife Late Mrs Mary Catim, Both of them were active members of our church and was sincere and devoted Christians too.The husband died earlier before his wife joined him, may their soul rest in peace. Before the death of the wife Mrs Catim who died last, she revealed to me something very important and serious because of the trust she had on me as her pastor, according to her, there was a total sum of $10.000.000 million her late husband Mr Charles deposited in a Security Company here which he wanted to use for foreign investments, estate and hotel investments etc,before his sudden death as was caused by Political Crisis.His Wife Mrs Catim revealed this to me in case she did not survive her Deadly cancer sickness. She instructed me to make an arrangement with a Foreigner who will help their children in receiving the money in a safe Account and assist in transferring of this fund for the betterment of her two children, Charles and Abigail.
These two Children are now under my care and are worried to have the funds transferred and leave here as soon as the money is tranferred,the reason why they want the money transferred as you may asked is due to the instability of the country politically and the Children are afraid not to stay any longer here because of their parents greedy and envy Relatives who even want them dead in order to inherit all that their wealthy parents left for them.I hope you now get the picture of the reason why they want their legacy Out here and secured, please if this letter touches you and you are Willing to guide this money for the two orphans with honesty and sincere heart and for the fact that they have decided to leave here to secure their life and future, please respond immediately, the mother before she died said to me that 15% of the total money will be mapped out for anyone Who will assist in this noble safety and if there be any money to be spent During the process of having the money transferred an additional 5% percent Will be added to the initial 15% making it all together 20% for you.
I must be sincere to you that I am not after any percentage, you can take the 20% but all I need is your indication and willingness to be a Good Samaritan to these orphans and help them secure their inheritance.I am now old and will be happy if through me and your effort these children will get their Inheritance safe in your care. I am sending this mail to you with faith that their present condition will touch you, Please Mail me back immediately so as to open a telephone communication to help facilitate the quick transfer of the money.
Please reply me via my email address((real persons name)@live.com).
Thank you and May God bless you.
(real persons name)
Now as you can see this tugs on your heart strings, but it is all crap to screw you out of money. Don’t fall for it. Peace out, if you find any more of these, post them as comments.13 comments